Hospital Bag And How It Makes Me Feel

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Being so new and clueless to pregnancy, the one thing that continues to make me nervous every time I think about it or look at it is the dreaded hospital bag.  Packing a bag to take with you to the hospital starts to make things feel real all of a sudden.  All thoughts about what might happen next come rushing to you.  Even things you may have blocked out because you just don’t want to know until it actually happens.  But this bag!!  It’s a constant reminder that you at some point in the very near future will be going to the hospital.  And it may or may not be a very ‘easy’ trip. 

So to make this whole process easier, what really needs to go in this bag?  I was always confused about it.  I tried reading up on what should go in there and there are plenty of lists online that give you detailed information on what is needed and what might not be.  After a few days of researching, I decided to go directly to my doctor and ask her what I really should take with me to the hospital and what I should leave behind.  She willingly gave me a list with not too much on there.  When I questioned her about why this list is so different from what I have been seeing online she told me that this list she provided me with was based on what the hospital I was pre-registered at has available and what they do not have access to.    So to make your life easier… ask your doctor!

The list I got from my doctor was very small but I will share it with you anyway.  Here's what was on it:
  •          Hospital documentation
  •          Benefits/insurance information
  •          Car seat for Baby
  •          Take home outfit for baby
  •          Receiving blankets
  •          diapers
  •          Going home outfit for you
  •          Gown
  •          Slippers
  •          Socks, underwear
  •          Nursing bra
  •          Pajamas
  •          Comfortable clothes (3 t shirts and pants)
  •          Camera (video, picture)
  •          Comfortable clothes for hubby
  •          Change for snacks
  •          Snacks (i.e. Popsicles etc)
  •          Towel
  •          Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash … etc)
  •          Hair tie, Hair clip
So there you have it.  That’s what I am planning on doing today.  Packing everything on that list.  I will stop slacking and actually do this today.  Not that I have any other option…. 7 days is not a lot of time lol.  
Wish me luck! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment