Baby Names

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


I found that picking a name for your baby is one of the most difficult things to do during your pregnancy.  Or at least it was for me.  Once you find out what the sex of your baby is it makes things slightly easier however not very much easier.  You have your own likes and dislikes, hopes and dreams for your baby.  Things that you have been dreaming about your whole life as a woman and now … your choices start to get vetoed by your husband.  Because he, of course as well has always had the same hopes and dreams and wishes for his child, like you.  Now you both have to find a middle ground.  Something both of you like… Love!  And that is not an easy job … but eventually you get there.  You find a name … or a couple names that both of you agree on and love and it all makes sense. 

Once you have selected a name for your baby, one bit of advice, dont tell anyone the name of the baby until you actually see your baby in your hands and name him/her.  I have found that once you tell someone the name of the baby, someone will either use it …. Or suggest it to someone else for their baby...  or try to come up with some way to tell you there is something wrong with it.  And after the both of you going through such a hard time trying to decide on a name… the last thing you want to hear is someone ruining the name for you.  That’s just not right.  So keep it to yourself! 

I am also very paranoid about the things I love.  I’m not sure why but I have always been very paranoid about referring to my baby using the name we have chosen until the baby is born.  I feel as if I will jinx it if I do.  I don’t know… im a little strange like that lol.  But there is also another reason.  When I actually see my baby and hold them in my arms… that’s the first time I really want to say my baby’s name.  It just makes it so much more meaningful … don’t you think?  What can I say … I’m slightly old fashioned when it comes to this stuff. 

2 more days to go!!
Wish me luck! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment