Review - Baby Brezza Kettle

Friday, June 7, 2013
One of the problems I have always faced while feeding my baby is at the beginning when your baby is wailing at you for milk and you have no choice but to wait for the bottle warmer to finish warming up the milk in the bottle.  It does only take a few minutes but during that time you baby has cried so much that you yourself feel like crap for taking too long and maybe even get frustrated.  Thankfully my brother and sister-in-law had already done the research for their own adorable baby boy and gave me a temperature controlled kettle especially for babies!!  Genius!  

The Baby Brezza kettle is programmed to keep your water temperature at a constant 37% which is perfect for babies.  It takes 2 seconds to pop some formula in a bottle and top it up with the already warmed water.  Because there were no more extended hunger cries I am happy and so is my baby girl.  It made my life a lot easier and also saved me time.  I just wake up every morning and boil water in a pot.  Let it cool a little and put it in the Baby Brezza.  The water stays at perfect temperature all day. 

I did however come across a couple issues with the kettle and had to go get it exchanged:

  1. At one point the water in the kettle almost reached to a boil.  And since the temperature display on the kettle only recognizes 37 degrees and under, there was no indication of this.  The only reason I noticed the almost boiling temperature is because I saw steam coming out of the water as I poured.  This can be very dangerous so now I just make sure I check the temperature of the milk before giving my girl the bottle.  
  2. The kettle also has a button on the handle that turns the temperature control on and off.  At one point the button somehow got loose and the temperature control kept turning off which made the water cold.  I just put a piece of small tape on the button since I never really take it off the temperature control setting and it works fine.
  3. At one point the water from the kettle started to leak from the bottom and I was unable to figure out where it was coming from.  


The only other thing aside from the issues I mentioned is that the kettle does not boil the water for you.  My brother also owns this kettle and they have not had any issues with theirs so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just that one kettle that had the issues.  Once I got mine exchanged I have not had any issues with it.  The kettle is still a very convenient product.  As long as you keep an eye on the water temperature when filling the bottle, you should be fine.    I still think its a great product and does make your life a lot easier.  I will still recommend it to new parents.  

Hope this helped! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment